Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Squiggly Twigs Designs

Over the years, I have begun sewing more and more of the clothes for my girls because it is becoming harder and harder to find modest clothing for them. It is also nice to make them a dress in their favorite color, a pattern they like, and even to make coordinating outfits for them.

To help me with my sewing, I have utilized a number of patterns from Squiggly Twigs Designs. The two patterns I use the most are the Miss Patricia and the Pretty Peasant Dress Pattern. I really like these patterns because they are so versatile. I download one pattern and then can make multiple sizes from that one pattern. I am able to adapt them to whatever measurements I need/want and can even add ruffles, shorten or lengthen sleeves, etc.

Here is a picture of the girls wearing skirts I made for Resurrection Day 2011 using the Miss Patricia skirt pattern. I chose four different materials and then combined them in 8 different ways so each girl had a unique skirt. I was able to adjust each to the specific length needed. Also, when I ran into some problems with the pattern, but Debbie was quick to work with me not only through email, but also through phone conversations until we were able to get it worked out. Customer service is definitely a plus! Hava (the youngest at the time) is wearing a jumper using the Miss Maria pattern. I want to use this more because it is just too, cute!

I also use the Pretty Peasant Dress Pattern for making pajamas and dresses. I used it to make nightgowns for the girls at Christmas 2011. While they didn't have matching material, they all had some kind of pink (I used what I had been given!). Here are pictures of a few of them; I was having difficulty getting the pictures to load so I didn't do all of them.





I also used it this past Resurrection Day for their dresses. I purchased four different colors in the same pattern and then combined them to make their dresses. I used embellishments I already had on hand to finish them off. Again, they were able to have coordinating dresses but yet unique for each of them.

I highly suggest checking out Squiggly Twigs Designs if you sew clothes for little girls (or even women!). Every Tuesday she posts tutorials on new ideas and has many patterns available for download.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! I have one bodice pattern I made when Cass was two that I was amending over and over again, but I am running out of ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for writing about us. I'm so very glad you like our patterns and tutorials!!! Love your pictures. I'm posting a link to your post and a picture today on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your girls are beautiful! It is wonderful you are able to provide your girls such unique and beautiful clothing. I am a pattern tester for Squiggly Twigs and love working with Deb. She is a true gem!
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete